VMware Workstation Pro is a premium Virtualization software for Windows, and Linux Operating system to install Guest Additional Operating system, on a single physical computer.
If you are a Windows 10 user and want to experience macOS or Linux Operating system, for that you need to buy a physical Computer for each operating system because every single operating system needs a Hard Drive, Ram, Processor, and Graphics cards to run.
But with the help of Virtualization software you don’t need to invest a huge amount for every single operating system, VMware Workstation Pro will help you to install the different guest operating system on a single physical computer.
VMware Workstation Pro Key Features
VMware Workstation Pro 15 Comes with Following cools features that enable you to use any guest operating system with its fully functional and best performance.
- Ability to run switch programs only with drag and drop
- Full and consistent support of PXE
- Multi-level management of situations
- Software configuration in the form of a virtual network, live images
- Set up virtual desktops in the cloud
- Integrated implementation of Windows, Linux, Netware, Solaris X86 as a virtual network
- Support for common hardware such as laptops and touchpads
- The ability to display multiple monitors
- Supports MP3 Players and USB Devices
- The ability to display the operating system before it runs
- Strong and powerful propulsion environment with basic texture
- Support for Windows 10
- New WDDM 2.0 driver for Windows 10
- OpenGL and Shader Model 3.0 for Windows and Linux distributions
- Allocate up to 64GB of RAM per desktop
- Assign up to 8 terabytes of hard drives per desktop
- Assign up to 16 virtual CPU cores per desktop
- Support for high resolution
- Supports VMware vSphere 4 as a guest OS
- Configuring virtual systems for use with multi-core CPUs
- Print on a virtual system without the need to install a printer driver using ThinPrint
- Security of virtual machines with 128bit-encryption
Download VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Comes in three different editions. VMware Workstation Player, VMware Workstation Pro, and VMware fusion, that both of these editions do work of virtualization by its own way with some different features and functions
You can Download VMware Workstation Pro 15 Latest Version from VMware official website, if you want to work with VMware Workstation Pro 15, you have pay for this because this is the Premium Edition of VMware, also you can use this for free as well, you have a trial version to use.
But you are going to use the free version you can try VMware Workstation Player Latest version which is totally free edition provided by VMware.
VMware Workstation Free Download Link
On the download page, you will see two option for download, for Microsoft Windows and Linux, make sure to download the version which you need if you are a Linux user for sure you have to download the Linux Version
Install VMware Workstation Pro in Windows PC
VMware Workstation Pro 15 installation is not a complicated task, you are just a few clicks away to have access on Virtualization of any Operating system. Only you will have some system requirements to install VMware Workstation pro inside windows 10.
VMware Workstation Pro 15 System Requirements
VMware recommends the following:
- 64-bit x86 Intel or AMD Processor from 2011 or later
- 1.3GHz or faster core speed
- 2GB RAM minimum/4GB RAM recommended
Workstation Pro installation:
- 1.2 GB of available disk space for the application
- Additional hard disk space required for each virtual machine
- Please refer to vendor’s recommended disk space for specific guest operating systems
Processors launched in 2011 or later are supported except:
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 “Bonnell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650; Atom N570)
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600.
- AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)
In addition, the following are supported:
- Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
NOTE: Workstation 15 Pro requires a 64-bit host operating system. Host operating systems* (64-bit):
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Ubuntu 8.04 and above
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and above
- CentOS 5.0 and above
- Oracle Linux 5.0 and above
- openSUSE 10.2 and above
- SUSE Linux 10 and above
For 3D Graphics Hardware Acceleration support in a virtual machine:
- 3GB RAM (Host PC)
- NVIDIA GeForce 9900GT and above or ATI Radeon HD 2600 and above
See the VMware Compatibility Guide for a complete list of supported host and guest operating systems.
Step 1: Run the setup.exe file
When you open the Setup.exe file you will see the installation wizard which will guide you to the installation process.
You can confirm the installation file location where to store the VMware Virtualization files on drive and folder
You can confirm that create a shortcut of VMware Workstation Pro in your desktop even start menu, you can change that if you don’t want. Now the basic configuration is completed and VMware workstation Pro is ready for installation, click on install.
The installation Process will take a while you don’t need to be worried, take your time and wait for the installation to be completed, once completed click on finish.
You are done with the installation of VMware Workstation Pro, inside windows 10 now you can install any Guest Operating on VMware workstation pro, without having any problem.
If you face any issue during the installation of VMware workstation Pro you can use the comment section below to ask your question, we are here to sort out the issue of downloading installation of VMware Workstation pro in windows 10. As soon as possible.